Thursday, April 16, 2009

My First Songkran

First the formalities....This afternoons training -
2km jog
1 round fast punching
2 rounds thai pads
2 rounds kick sparring
4 rounds uppercut block

Training was good today, I'm still working on punching hard enough to knock someone out. I have a huge lump on my lower arm from sparring one of the trainers where I didn't check his kick. I have been training the last couple of days, but because it's Songkran (Thai New Year) it's really only been 3 rounds thai pads and a few rounds on the bag or uppercut block.

Now...Songkran here is really something you have to experience for yourself. Basically 3/5 days of partying. The tradition here is to throw water on everyone, and everyone who is outdoors is fair game. The other tradition is to paint peoples faces with white paste. Trucks drive past loaded with people on the back wetting everyone on the sidewalk. The Motorcycle Taxis blocked the street and were drunk and dancing around throwing water everywhere. Everyone is in such a great mood. Last night I went to Silom with my Thai friend and one of my mates from New Zealand. There would have been at least 30,000 Thais there, all in the street, dancing, throwing water around and painting each others faces with paste. It was a really fun night.

Someone asked on comment.. what ever happened the the chick who's number the cop gave you?

Well it took me a couple of days to figure out she was a compulsive liar so I told her to get lost. She broke into my apartment one day and I had to throw her out because security guards here are completely useless. After that she took a massive overdose of drugs and tried to kill herself. Thankfully she survived, but she still lives in the same apartment upstairs from mine. I've blocked all her numbers in my phone and thankfully I don't see her very often so we don't talk at all. Be warned...some girls here are completely nuts.

No comments:

Post a Comment