Friday, April 24, 2009

He Who Is Not Courageous Enough To Take Risks Will Accomplish Nothing In Life

This mornings training -
6km jog
1 round shadow boxing
3 rounds thai pads
1 round focus pads
1 round upper cut block
1 round teep kicks heavy bag
1 round tyre/footwork with weights
1 set pull ups (max)
1 set pushups (max)
1 set sit ups (max)

This morning was good, went with the short stocky trainer who is very technical, slow and very strong. Working on developing the correct mental attitude instead of just going through the motions.

Couple of days ago I asked the owner about when I can fight because I'm getting bored of training for nothing. He said maybe June, which made me swear. Of course I have to trust him, but its frustraing to keep training hard then being told you still have another month and a half to go. Anyway, it will give me time to work on some things, get fitter and stronger. Still have bad leg/shoulder/knuckle on my right hand so I'm looking forward to Sunday, ye daye of rest.

This afternoons training -
2km jog
1 round shadow boxing
1 round boxing shadow boxing
4 rounds boxing sparring
1 round heavy bag
3 rounds thai pads
1 round focus pads

Sparring was ok considering I was up against someone with REALLY strong hands. The first couple of rounds he went easy on me, and the last couple he unloaded which was cool. He hit me so hard at one point it seems to have bruised my forehead, but if I can take a punch like that and not get dizzy or have to stop then I don't have a lot to worry about.

No comments:

Post a Comment