Wednesday, April 8, 2009

So I Thought I'd Give This Muay Thai Thing a Try

Tuesday mornings training -
6km jog...almost died
1 round shadow boxing
3 rounds thai pads...almost died
3 rounds heavy bag...almost died

I think after that point the trainers took pity on me and told me that's enough. First time that's ever happened. After being out of action for 9 days I haven't lost any strength, conditioning or speed. What I have lost is fitness.

Afternoons training -
2km jog
1 round shadow boxing
3 rounds thai pads
4 rounds heavy bag
3 rounds tyre/footwork
1 set pull ups (max)
1 set push ups (max)
1 set sit ups (max)

I've noticed my knees hate me, especially when I'm running. The mind is willing but the body is weak. I remember I had the same problem when I first started training here so I'll just push on with it and hope they improve. Some new guys at the gym, they all seem pretty cool, but none of them have tried to smack my head off my shoulders yet..

No comments:

Post a Comment