Tuesday, January 27, 2009

I Always Wanted To Look Like A Panda

This mornings training-
None because I felt like an 80 year old man

This Afternoons Training-
4km jog
1 round shadow boxing
3 rounds boxing sparring
3 rounds thai pads

I was feeling good about this afternoons training despite the girl I'm seeing confusing the hell out of me beforehand. I had to spar a german guy who is a lot taller than me. I told him twice to go easy as my jaw still aches from the left hook Paul gave me last week, and I want to try and feel comfortable dodging punches. He agreed this was ok.

In the first round I tagged him a couple of times in the face, nothing hard, but in typical German "Im better than everyone" style, he started bringing it on hard, which I wasn't ready for. So now I have two black eyes, and my jaw aches because he decided to forgoe technique as a trade off for getting some hard shots on my jaw.

We were supposed to do four rounds but after three I had had enough. I'm sick of getting punched in the face. I told this to Takhoon and his response (as always) was mai pen rai..no worries.

@#()%$

The Thai attitude is very easy going but I would have appreciated some advice about boxing technique rather than mai pen rai.

Anyway, tomorrow is a new day, although I really want to quit. I'm going to take the rest of the week off sparring but continue to train, to give my jaw a chance to get back to normal. Now it hurts to eat and talk. Probably better for my room mates though.

Also, Dad had another stroke (he had one just before I left to come here) and I'm really worried about him. I may have to go home soon anyway but I hope everything works out ok

No comments:

Post a Comment