Friday, January 30, 2009

Thought I was going to get arrested today

This mornings training-
4km run
1 round shadow boxing
1 round fast punching on the bag
4 rounds thai pads
5 rounds muay thai sparring with shin pads
50 knees on heavy bag
3 sets shoulder press (max)
3 sets situps (max)

Training was good today, I actually got some hits on the thai I was sparring. I love that their "week off sparring" involves me sparring twice, anyway.

I went out for my warm up run alone this morning because Bangkok is starting to get to me a little and I wanted some peace and quiet. Just as I started a guy came running after me. He was dressed in a green uniform with a red arm band and looked like military police. I was sure I was going to be arrested for some law I didn't know about, or have to give him some money. He handed me a slip of paper with a phone number on it and told me to call. I asked him whos number it was and he answered in thai which I didn't understand. So I thanked him and finished my jog and headed back to the gym.

After training I called the number and it was some girl who lives at the hotel I run past every day. She told me some details about herself (black hair, brown eyes) so I still don't know who she is. Anyway, I told her I will meet her for coffee but it's really very funny for me because this kind of thing never happens. I hope it's not a ladyboy..

This Afternoons Training -
4km jog
2 rounds shadow boxing
3 rounds thai pads
1 round bag work
3 rounds thai pads
5 rounds technique work
50 elbows on heavy bag
50 teep kicks on heavy bag
3 sets shoulder press (max)
3 sets situps (max)

Good training but the lump on my left shin still hasn't gone down and I still can't kick with it. It hurts when I walk. Maybe I'll ask Takhoon about it tomorrow. Also I couldn't open my mouth wide enough to eat lunch from getting punched there a couple of days ago. I don't know why, it's almost back to normal now. Bring on tomorrow and then my day off...sabai sabai (relax)

No comments:

Post a Comment