Monday, January 19, 2009

Start of Week Two

This mornings training -
2km jog
1 round shadow boxing
1 round fast punching on the bag
4 rounds thai pads
1 round heavy bag (everything)
7 rounds bag work just practicing combos of jab & low kick, jab punch & low kick
3 rounds shadow boxing with small weights
3 sets shoulder presses (max)
3 sets situps (max)

My left shin is swollen today, quite badly, but at least it is not bruised as it has been. I may take this afternoon off to avoid the same problem I had last week, where I couldn't kick with it without almost passing out because of the pain. Most of my other injuries are better except my knee, which still causes me problem during the run but not during any other training.

This afternoons training- (I felt like a pussy if I missed it)
2km jog
1 round shadow boxing
1 round fast punching on the bag
3 rounds thai pads
4 rounds heavy bag (everything)
3 rounds technique, learning defence and counter of kicks
2 x 50 knees on the heavy bag
3 sets shoulder press (max)
3 sets sit ups (max)

This afternoon was a bit easier because some of the trainers were busy getting a couple of people ready for a fight, I think this weekend. Still injured but I'll try not to complain so much.

My Spanish room mate moved out so it's a bit quieter, and the tv stopped working so there is less to do than usual. Tomorrow the American guy (Brian) goes home which is a bit sad and there is one less person I can speak english with. He has a fight coming up in March back in the states. I'm starting to get used to the cold showers but I still miss hot water dearly.

No comments:

Post a Comment