Monday, March 30, 2009

Can You Still Fight?

I went to visit my trainer today, to tell him about what had happened and to see about postponing the fight. His first question was "what happened?", his second question was "can you still fight?".

It's funny to me that having one week off training two weeks before a fight is no problem. I feel lazy after one day off, I can't imagine how I will feel after a whole week. But I love the level of committment and focus these guys have, and it's definately what I need. Even though I'm not training I'm still thinking about it. Thinking about countering and defences, and running through previous sparring sessions in my mind as I go to sleep. Training without training..very yoda and jedi mind tricks kind of stuff...

1 comment:

  1. Was the infection due to an open wound from sparring?

    ReplyDelete