Friday, May 15, 2009

I'm an Idiot (News To My Friends I Know)

This afternoons training -
2km jog
1 round shadow boxing
1 round fast punching
3 rounds thai pads
4 rounds heavy bag
2 sets pull ups (max)
1 set sit ups (max)
1 set push ups (max)

Welcome back .. to me! I haven't been training for a couple of reasons, one is I've been sleeping like a dead man, the second is my thumbs been killing me, so much so that I wouldn't have been able to put a pair of boxing gloves on anyway. I had intentions of going this morning but I simply overslept.

So whats new? Well I went to MBK to watch the fight on Wednesday night, but it got cancelled due to threat of rain. I have to say it's been raining almost non stop this week and it's making training impossible due to the slipprey mats. There is some carpet on the mats, but if you dare stay off that carpet 1cm, you end up on your 'gon' (ass). The photo below is not an exageration. It really does flood that badly when it rains in Bangkok.

Other then that, I lost my australian bank card. It's worth mentioning, if you intend to travel overseas, make sure you have a second card at home you can access. I didn't think that far ahead, so I've had a few headaches. Basically I had to do about 30,000 security checks over the phone to my bank in Australia, get a new customer registration number, change my mailing address, cancel my card, reissue a new one, register for internet banking, apply for overseas access then transfer money from my oz bank account to my thai account. Easy? God no. This took at least 3 days, and could have taken a lot longer. I just got lucky that the transfer didn't take the maximum 5 working days. Another lesson learned the hard way. DON'T BE AS STUPID AS ME. GET A SECOND BANK CARD BEFORE YOU TRAVEL.



No comments:

Post a Comment