Wednesday, May 6, 2009

RAWN

This mornings training -
8km jog :(
1 round shadow boxing
1 round fast punching
3 rounds kick sparring
4 rounds uppercut block
2 x 50 knees heavy bag

I've really got to stop messing around and being lazy. It's cod rawn (very hot) today, and my ankle was killing me this morning. I'm still struggling to be as fast as I want to be. Although I can see how far I've come in the 4 months I've been here, I still have a long way to go before I'm where I want to be.

This afternoons training -
2km jog
1 round shadow boxing
1 round fast punching
4 rounds boxing sparring
1 round heavy bag
3 rounds thai pads
1 round tyre/footwork with weights
2 sets pull ups (max)
1 set push ups (max)
1 set sit ups (max)

ha HAAAA! Today was sparring with the guy from Spain (Alex) who has really strong hands (and a strong head kick I found out this morning). However, I got tagged in the head a few times, but only with a jab when he was counter punching. I'm able to cover up now when he throws really strong combos, but it's a bitch trying to look out and watch for hooks. Anyway, confidence has gone up after that, despite having a slightly black eye and bruised/swollen nose.

The camps starting to look like a hospital emergency room. One guy has 13 stitches in his head from a knee from yesterday, another guy has a broken arm...I'm training with cripples!

1 comment:

  1. consciousness and concentration can help you meet with success,goodluck..fighting

    ReplyDelete